At UCCI we continue to monitor the Coronavirus evolving situation in the Cayman Islands. We are taking the necessary precautions for the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff. Executive Leaders are continuing to meet to review, update, and communicate our contingency plans and we will send regular announcements as they become available. Below you will find resources and information to keep you informed:
Watch this week’s message from President McAfee on the upcoming Fall Semester 2020 and our collaboration with the Chamber of Commerce.
July 3, 2020 Update
- Out of 316 tests, 0 positive results were reported. Of a total of 201 positives, there are no symptomatic, six are asymptomatic, none admitted and 194 have recovered.
- The National Gallery in partnership with the Ministry of Culture and the private sector are offering one-time artist grants of $1,000 per artist (20 grants are available on a first come, first served basis).
- The low interest loan programme for small business is going well, with so far 65 applications received with a total value of $2.221 million. Five have been approved so far. For the benefit of those applicants who are unable to adequately present their financials to the bank, the government has also implemented a technical assistance programme, where qualified accountants have been employed to help prepare these documents at no cost to the small business owners.
Next reopening changes that will come into effect on Sunday 5th July are:
- Educational institutions and facilities, including Summer Camps and vacation bible schools may commence full operation including social and sporting activities. (However it should be noted that sporting activities do not include contact sports which are planned to start on 19 July)
- Persons will be able to exercise in a strata gym and public gym from Sunday.
For full press briefing: http://www.gov.ky/portal/page/portal/cighome/pressroom/archive/202007/friday-3-july-update
Last updated: July 7, 2020 8:21 a.m.
Last updated April 9, 2020, at 12:45 p.m.
Trusted COVID-19 Information and Resources
- PUBLIC HEALTH (CONTROL AND SUPPRESSION OF COVID-19) (AMENDMENT) REGULATIONS, 2020
(SL 25 of 2020)
Supplement No. 1 published with Legislation Gazette No. 20 dated 20th March, 2020.