The UCCI Commencement Ceremony 2020 will be held on Thursday, 5 November 2020.
COVID-19 Update: As of April 20, 2020, there has been no change to the Commencement exercise set to take place in Fall 2020. The UCCI will continue to monitor developments within the Cayman Islands and will make an announcement should there be any changes.
The application deadline has been extended until Tuesday, 30 June 2020. Download the Graduation Application Form. If you believe you will be eligible for graduation in November 2020 please ensure that you apply by this date.
PLEASE NOTE: Even if you do not wish to participate in the ceremony, you must still submit the completed application form by the deadline in order to receive your degree/certificate.
Academic Requirements for Graduation
Please be advised that you must have met all your degree and GPA requirements by the end of the Summer 2020 Semester in order to graduate in the Fall of 2020. This includes:
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Minimum credit requirement met (depending on the degree programme)
- All courses completed from programme plan
- Resolution of incomplete grades
- Resolution of substitutions/waivers
- Resolution of Grade Forgiveness Applications
- Resolution of Transfer of Credits
- No outstanding account balances
PLEASE NOTE: No grade changes will be made to the student’s academic records after the degree has been conferred. Should you need to apply for Grade Forgiveness for a class that you have already re-taken, please do so prior to applying for graduation.
Completion of Degree Plans:
Please meet with your advisor to review this before submitting the application to the Administration Office for processing.
To include with your Application Form:
- You must submit the following items with your Graduation Application Form:
- Completed Degree Plan
- Unofficial Transcript
- One valid form of Identification (Passport, Birth Certificate, Driver’s Licence)
Regular Graduation Fees:
- Attending Graduation: $135 CI
- Not Attending Graduation: $100 CI
- Programme Group Photo: $15.00 CI each.
- Individual, Awarding of Diploma Photo: $15.00 CI each.
- Individual, Photo with President/Dean: $15.00 CI each.
- Digital files of the photos are available at a cost of $25.00 CI each.
Not Approved for Graduation:
Students who have applied for Graduation but have not met the requirements listed above will be contacted to be informed of the decision. If you have met the requirements, you will be emailed confirmation and further instructions regarding items such as Graduation Rehearsal.
Change of Name:
Potential graduates who provide Identification with a name that is different from the name on their graduation application without supporting documents will require an affidavit. If you would like to change the name on your student file, please complete a Change of Name Form and submit with the supporting documents at the time of application.
Making Payments for Graduation
Students can make payments directly at a CNB or RBC bank branch or through on-line bill payments. Please ensure that your full name and student ID is included in the payment reference for UCCI to properly apply against your account.
- If online, select University College of the Cayman Islands as the Beneficiary Account/Bill Payee.
- If you are paying in person, provide them with your name, Student ID number and the amount that you would like to pay to the UCCI account. You can opt, at both banks, to pay in KYD or USD.
- UCCI’s RBC KYD A/C: 1130293 and USD A/C: 2021061.
- If you are going into the bank to pay, please ensure you do so on one of your designated days based on the soft curfew requirements.
- If you make a physical or online payment to one of these banks, please take a picture or send a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org to alert the Finance Team.
Submitting your Graduation Application Form
After payment has been made, please submit completed forms, along with supporting documentation, to email@example.com by Tuesday, 30 June 2020.
REMINDER: APPLICATIONS ARE BEING EXTENDED to Tuesday, 30 June 2020.
Office of the Registrar
Updated April 30, 2020