CompTIA +A (IT Essentials)
The Cisco Networking Academy® IT Essentials curriculum provides an introduction to the technical skills needed to help meet the growing demand for entry-level ICT professionals. The curriculum covers the basics of computers, mobile device hardware, and software, while introducing advanced security and networking concepts and the responsibilities of an ICT professional.
The curriculum offers the following features and benefits:
- Students develop working knowledge of how computers operate, how to assemble computers, and how to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Updated relevant curriculum and labs are delivered in the Cisco Networking Academy learning environment and include new topics such as virtualization and cloud computing.
- Expanded coverage on mobile device hardware and software configuration, plus diagnostics and common security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Emphasis on the practical application of skills and procedures needed for hardware and software installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Cisco® Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities promote the exploration of networking and network security concepts, while allowing students to experiment with network behavior.
- Online assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.
- The course helps students develop the career skills needed to successful communicate within an ICT business environment and interact with customers