At UCCI we continue to monitor the Coronavirus evolving situation in the Cayman Islands. We are taking the necessary precautions for the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff. Executive Leaders are continuing to meet to review, update, and communicate our contingency plans and we will send regular announcements as they become available. Below you will find resources and information to keep you informed:
In this week's message, Dr. Stacy reminds everyone that we are currently accepting applications for our continuing educations courses. UCCI is offering 15 courses, starting as low as CI$100 with a flexible two payment option. Register by May 22, with classes starting on May 25. You can visit https://connect.ucci.edu.ky/apply/ to get started.
She also advises that we are currently accepting donations for our students' support fund, whether it be tuition, fees, books, or any other materials needed to succeed in classes this Summer and Fall. She encourages everyone to connect with her via email at email@example.com.
Dr. Stacy also sends a thank you to our faculty and students for their commitment to lifelong learning and the investment inside the classroom with high-quality teaching and community bridging the gaps and supporting people and making a huge difference as we all weather these unprecedented times together. She wishes everyone stays safe and has a lifelong learning summer.
May 20, 2020 Update
- Out of 1182 tests, 17 positive results were reported.
- Cayman Islands leaders urged persons to remain cautious, practise social distancing, handwashing etiquette and wear a mask in enclosed, public spaces, in spite of the relaxing of restrictions which came into effect 19 May on Grand Cayman.
- The Cayman Islands has tested 10% of the population, placing us eighth in global testing per head.
- Face masks and PPE must be worn as appropriate and necessary and good hand washing hygiene must be ensured.
- The Legislative Assembly will meet on Wednesday, 20 May to discuss a number of bills related to the financial services industry. If the session carries over into Thursday, the press briefing will be postponed until Friday 22 May.
For full press briefing: http://www.gov.ky/portal/page/portal/cighome/pressroom/archive/202005/Tuesday%2019%20May%20Update
Last updated: May 20, 2020 8:32am
Last updated April 9, 2020, at 12:45 p.m.
Trusted COVID-19 Information and Resources
- PUBLIC HEALTH (CONTROL AND SUPPRESSION OF COVID-19) (AMENDMENT) REGULATIONS, 2020
(SL 25 of 2020)
Supplement No. 1 published with Legislation Gazette No. 20 dated 20th March, 2020.