At UCCI we continue to monitor the Coronavirus evolving situation in the Cayman Islands. We are taking the necessary precautions for the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff. Executive Leaders are continuing to meet to review, update, and communicate our contingency plans and we will send regular announcements as they become available. Below you will find resources and information to keep you informed:
Watch this week’s message from President McAfee on the upcoming Fall Semester 2020 and our collaboration with the Chamber of Commerce.
July 17, 2020 Update
- Out of 274 test results Friday, there were no positives.
- Of a total of 203 positives so far, there are no symptomatic cases, two are asymptomatic, none admitted and 200 have recovered.
- The support for micro and small businesses proceeding well. Since launch, 1,085 applications were received from such businesses. So far, $1,592,000 has been paid to applicants, with a further $386,000 approved for payment.
These changes will come into effect on Sunday 19th July:
- Public Meetings will increase from 25 persons up to 50 persons.
- Weddings can from Sunday have up to 50 persons in attendance other than the bride, groom, official witnesses and the marriage officer.
- Person will be able to visit residential care home facilities for example The Pines, providing they have has a negative PCR test within three days of visiting.
- Contact sports will be permitted from Sunday. Players and spectators will be treated as two separate groups because they inhabit two separate spaces, so you will be able to have up to 50 participants playing the sport and up to 50 spectators providing those spectators maintain social distance.
For the full press briefing:
Last updated: July 17, 2020 9:26 a.m.
Last updated April 9, 2020, at 12:45 p.m.
Trusted COVID-19 Information and Resources
- PUBLIC HEALTH (CONTROL AND SUPPRESSION OF COVID-19) (AMENDMENT) REGULATIONS, 2020
(SL 25 of 2020)
Supplement No. 1 published with Legislation Gazette No. 20 dated 20th March, 2020.