June 23, 2020 Update
- Out of 451 tests, 0 positive results were reported. The total number of tests done in the Cayman Islands is 21,282.
- Ten (10) community Wi-Fi hotspots are now available across Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman for residents to enjoy, public access to free wireless Internet.
- Industry specific guidance is shared on the government website. The guidance has been developed to support the safe re-opening of a number of areas coming on line and includes guidance on:
- Babysitting Guidance for Parents and primary Caregivers;
- Welcoming your Child Caregiver back into your home;
- Guidance for the operations of Early Child Care Centres, Summer Camps, Vacation Bible Schools (which come back on line 5 July);
- A framework for restarting sports on 19 July.
- There will be a phase-in of all services across all HSA facilities over time with a focus on stringent measures to protect patients and staff from COVID-19 based on the established guiding principles. All patients with a previous appointment will be contacted to reschedule. If patients have any questions or concerns about a missed appointment or need to make an appointment please call 949-8600.
- National Weather Service states that we can expect hazy conditions across the Cayman Islands over the next 24 hours. Due to this the Public Health Department is advising the public that these conditions could increase symptoms in persons with asthma, and other respiratory illnesses due to the elevated dust and particulate matter concentrations. Such persons are advised to stay inside as much as possible during this time. For additional weather information please visit www.weather.gov.ky. For any health concerns please call your doctor or Public Health at 244.2621.
For full press briefing: