- Out of 1182 tests, 17 positive results were reported.
- Cayman Islands leaders urged persons to remain cautious, practise social distancing, handwashing etiquette and wear a mask in enclosed, public spaces, in spite of the relaxing of restrictions which came into effect 19 May on Grand Cayman.
- The Cayman Islands has tested 10% of the population, placing us eighth in global testing per head.
- Face masks and PPE must be worn as appropriate and necessary and good hand washing hygiene must be ensured.
- The Legislative Assembly will meet on Wednesday, 20 May to discuss a number of bills related to the financial services industry. If the session carries over into Thursday, the press briefing will be postponed until Friday 22 May.
For full press briefing: http://www.gov.ky/portal/page/portal/cighome/pressroom/archive/202005/Tuesday%2019%20May%20Update