International Student Admission
The University College of the Cayman Islands welcomes applications for undergraduate admission from qualified international students. The University College values the presence of international students as these students add diversity and a global perspective to campus life.
International applicants must apply as early as possible before the application deadline for the desired semester of initial enrolment at the University College. This allows sufficient time to obtain official school records, to have school records evaluated, to arrange for any required examinations, to have the application for admission reviewed, and to secure a student visa.
Language and Testing Requirements
Classes at the University College of the Cayman Islands are conducted in English, and assignments, papers, and tests must be written in acceptable English. If English is not the applicant’s native language or language of instruction, the UCCI English Assessment Test is required for admission consideration.
The Application Process
Most international applicants are accepted for enrolment beginning in the fall semester at the end of August/beginning of September. However, the University College also accepts international students who wish to begin in January, the start of the Spring semester. The international student application deadlines are the same as for other undergraduate applicants:
- May 31 for Fall semester enrolment
- October 31 for Spring semester enrolment
All of the following must be submitted by the appropriate application deadline:
- The completed and signed Application for Admission.
- Non-refundable KYD$25.00 application fee.
- Official transcripts from all secondary schools and universities attended. Certified literal (not interpretive) translations must accompany non-English documents.
Applicants who are not Caymanian or holders of Caymanian status and who wish to enrol in classes offered at the University College must have immigration clearance before they will be allowed to do so.
Prospective students are encouraged to apply to the Department of Immigration for student visas, at least three months before the semester begins. Please note that students will not be allowed to attend classes without proper immigration approval on file. To obtain a student visa, the student must be enroled full-time (minimum of 12 credits in Fall/Spring and 6 credits in summer). Student visas are not issued for part-time study.
Further information on these requirements can be obtained from the Cayman Islands Immigration Department:
Telephone: (345) 949-8344
- Associate degree from another College/University
- Bachelor degree from another College/University
Note: The Bachelor of Science in Nursing has specific admission criteria.
- Minimum of 5 external exam passes of 1-3/A-C in CXC/GCSE/IGCSE (2 of which MUST be Math & English A at the General/Technical level/Level 2)
- At least 140 on the UCCI Placement Exam
- Prior to 2017: 1425
- As of 2017: 1024
- ACT: 22
- A minimum of 1 external exam pass of 1-3/A-C in CXC/GCSE/IGCSE
- 80 – 109 score on the UCCI Placement Exam
- 110 – 139 score on the UCCI Placement Exam
Note: External examination passes and a high school transcript are recommended for submission.